Rachel and I stumbled across an old playground just off one of the nature trails only a 5 minute toddler walk away from our house. Unfortunately a tree had fallen on it and it was filthy from misuse. Fortunately it was not structurally damaged and with a little TLC could be made useable again.
 |
| Playground - Day 1 |
I decided this would be a good project for Rachel and me. The next day we came back with a bucket of soapy water, rags and towels. Rachel had a blast cleaning the slide.
 |
| Rachel - Cleaning the Slide |
|
|
|
I broke a few small branches off the tree making the slide accessible.
The branches actually made a nice canopy, but I could see kids hurting
themselves on some of the broken branches. I decided to recruit Brandon
to help me saw some of those off. I didn't think we'd be able to move
the tree by ourselves.The slide was so filthy that rags were not going to do the trick. Rachel was already filthy so I let her go down anyway.
 |
| Tree Canopy |
We came back the next weekend armed with a tough scrub brush to find the tree gone! No need to bring Brandon or a saw.
 |
| No more tree! |
But there was still a lot of work to be done.
 |
| Mold on the Playground |
Rachel helped clean for a while...
 |
| Rachel Scrubbing |
...but decided it was more fun to push the scrub brush down the slide.
 |
| Scrub Brush Sliding |
After several days work, the slide was shiny clean and the plastic structure considerably less moldy. And now to celebrate with play!
 |
| Whee! |
1 comment:
You are awesome! I think that this is so cool that you (and Rachel) cleaned up this playground!
Post a Comment