Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snow Days

Oh, the fun of winter days! I've lived in Washington for four years now and have gone out to "play" in the snow perhaps once prior to this week. Rachel has rekindled my love of snow days. We have been out six days in a row. Who cares if I can't go to work? (Ok, I'm a bit haunted by the number of sick days I just used up, but I've relegated that to the back of my mind.) Snow is fun!

The look on my baby's face when she touched snow for the first time...
...and when she ate snow for the first time was priceless.
I forgot how much fun it is to make snow angels. It is even more fun to toss your tiny one into the snow to make an angel. "More, more, more!"I also forgot how hard it is to make snowmen. That idyllic image of rolling a snowball and having it gather snow into a giant, perfectly round ball does not represent reality for me. Instead my snowballs are slightly warped and a creepy snowbunny results instead.

I'm excited for next year. I plan to have a real sled to conquer the hills in our neighborhood. But for this year, our make-shift sled will do just fine.
Thank you, Rachel, for reminding me that weather is fun in all forms.

2 comments:

The Ambassador said...

I have always wished it would snow in San Diego (for a few days a year, not for a long winter). That looks like fun!

Janelle said...

That's when it helps to know friends in snowy places that you can visit. hint, hint