Rachel has taught me so many things, though most of the are re-learned, things that adulthood has slowly leached away from me. Here are a couple:
- Screaming for excitement is fun. So is singing, modulating your voice, and making sounds in general. I've gotten so used to making silly noises at Rachel that I'm slowly forgetting my self-consciousness. I even sang (quietly) at our Rock Band night recently. (Probably not a big deal to other people, but a huge deal for me!) I'm still far from doing Karaoke, but I just gave in to the fun for once. And I'm excited to do it again!
- Stuffed animals are sooooooo cuddly! I tried to be an adult and stop sleeping with my teddy bear when I got married. I ended up just hugging a pillow instead. So I finally decided, this is silly. I know that I'm fully capable of sleeping without a bear, so who cares what anyone else thinks? My teddy bear is cuddle AND keeps my hands from falling asleep due to awkward arm positions. So there!
- Ring Around the Rosie
- Red Rover
- Cartwheels (Never mastered this as a kid. As an adult?)
- Swinging in the Park
- Building Forts
- Playdoh!
But that will all take time. For now I will concentrate on Rachel's next adventure, new foods. I think I'll start with avocado...yum!
2 comments:
I love your spirit, Janelle! I hope that I am like you when I am a mom (eventually)!
I'm sure you will be, Carrie. :)
I've always thought babies were cute, but when it is your own baby, everything is extra special. You don't want to miss one smile. So it is easy to be enthusiatic about all the things you can show them to make them happy. You want everything for them!
On some levels I feel brainwashed because Rachel has become such an all-consuming passion. I've heard people complain that their friends go and have kids and that is all they talk about, but they really do become your life. So what else would there to talk about?
Post a Comment